Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

What are you thankful for? This year, as always, I'm grateful to have given another year spinning around the sun with wonderful people, and also for a new addition to my world: this gorgeous gully.
gully gussied up with Instagram
According to a signpost it was once a one-stop shop for the Aboriginals, who found here fresh water, medicinal plants and it's within spearing-distance of the fish in the waters off Bronte Beach. This is practically in my backyard, where I get to start my days before work swimming in the ocean pool...
I'm thankful to be a part of the world, but not for how it's been managed. Thanksgiving commemorates the Native-Americans having helped the Pilgrims to survive their first winter… only to be later repaid with mass genocide. I'm also sorry that Aboriginals no longer roam the gully.   

No comments: