Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sweet Sorrow

I came into work today on my last day and walked into a drag explosion on my desk! My erstwhile co-workers and friends surprised me this morning at 8:30 am with an office full of everyone in glitter, feathers, and wigs. When I walked in they started blaring Whitney Houston. I was so touched!

Then there were cards, gifts, a homemade picnic lunch with food and games in the gorgeous gardens overlooking Sydney Opera House on a perfect balmy winters day.
My lovely editorial team delivered a glitter card and gift... an iPod... as they know mine was stolen months ago. I said, "I know I haven't been the easiest person to get along with" and they laughed uproariously, like it was the most obvious thing ever. They accept me despite my flaws. And damn you Jack for making me cry!!!

1 comment:

Tony said...

Looks like that was a cool place to work. I'll bet your friends there will find it a duller place with Jesse gone.