Sunday, February 27, 2011

What does Violet Tendencies have in common with Mila Kunis?

Snubbed by the Academy!!!  Can you believe that?   The Oscar's will have some serious soul searching to do after such a glaring omission!  Just try to reach for ratings gold when you choose a stuttering king over smutty queens.  V.V.V.V.Violet Tendencies did make it's Australian premiere this week, with two separate screenings at the Mardi Gras Film Festival.  Thanks to all who came out to support!  The DVD comes out in May, just after Violet premieres on the ice floes of Antarctica!   Hit the website to pre-order your copy!

The big MG parade and party are this weekend.  They always have surprise superstar performers and you never know until you're there who they are or which of the multiple venues they'll be at until you and 20,000 of your closest friends find out on the night!  This year's rumors are Rihanna, Ke$ha, and Alexis Jordan.  Last year it was George Michael.  When I was last here it was Olivia Newton-John and an 8am knockout from Cyndi Lauper!

I'm supposed to be on the Mardi Gras diet - with running and swimming every day.  But after having found the only bargain in Sydney - a $10, 4 liter bladder of boxed wine called "Fruity Lexia" (aka Chateau du Cardboard), my workout schedule has been compromised!!
Fruity Lexia is an "afternoon drink" (as opposed to an "evening drink") says Bam.  After a couple of these afternoon drinks there is usually a physical altercation between us when Bam takes out the jar of Vegemite and tries to make me eat, sniff, or smear it on my skin. 

There is nothing more disgusting than Vegemite.  I honestly have a visceral wretching reaction just from the grotty salty smell!!  Bam thinks that's hilarious (me wretching) and considers it a sort of payback for all my sins.  It may not be running or swimming but I am doing strength training defending myself from the gag reflex inducing, brown shit-like horrors of Vegemite.



2 comments:

carms said...

as all good aussies say, go buy a bag of cement (darling) and harden the fuck up! xo
ps my word verification was minqu - so francais!

Jesse Archer said...

Is that the new CRIKEY, or what? Ha! I was watching the swimming squad the other day and the coach was screaming "we need to open up a can of TOUGHEN UP in here!"