Wednesday, January 19, 2011

If you LOVE me you'll do it!

I don't think I'll ever be able to look at this breed of dog the same again!!  Little Britain comes to the USA and introduces us to my favorite new characters - PHYLLIS & her Mr. Doggie, who makes her perform all manner of mischief. 



I'm of two minds about British humor - for example, I really don't get/can't take things like Benny Hill or Fawlty Towers.  But then I can't get enough of Little Britain!

British creators Matt Lucas and David Walliams do sketches that kill me.  Where do they come up with this stuff?  If you're unfamiliar, here's a dose of the intro to some of my favorite of their Little Britain characters - always taking the UN PC piss out of their country - and America, by proxy.  If you like these, there's a lot more to order up on Netflix.

Judy and Maggie judge the jams at the county fete: 



"Call me Bubbles, darling.  Everybody does!": 



Mr. Dudley's receives his mail Order Bride Ting Tong:



A political press conference with Sir Norman Frye:

1 comment:

Jay Ranson said...

I love this show. These guys are doing something new. Heard them talking about it on The Graham Norton Show. Can't remember what it was. The show was much better on the BBC than on HBO.