Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Puppy Problem?

Heard about the Bosnian girl tossing newborn puppies into the river?  Watch it here if you eat meat.

In no way do I condone animal cruelty, you kinda have to wonder if all the people most outraged by this video were munching a burger or chicken nugget while promising to hunt down and kill the girl?  The way she killed the puppies is more humane than videos I've seen of the factory farms churning out your McDonald's double cheeseburger for $1.

Why is it the masses can go out to dine and socially masticate the flesh of murdered cows, chickens, and pigs, but drowning puppies is beyond the pale?  Isn't it uncanny the ability of humans to hold two conflicting things in their head?  Such as, absence makes the heart grow fonder.  "Love the sinner, hate the sin".  Dining on baby cow veal and the gagged goose pate is sophisticated elegance.  But those Chinese dog-eaters are savages!!! 

If we can't form a collective conscience about all animals, how are we supposed to believe all humans are created equal?  I struggle with this myself as I am human and I can't seem to stop. eating. chicken.  Or fish.  Oy.

Youtube yanked her puppy (drowning) video, and in not totally unrelated news (though I love pups - and human pups- with fervor), Youtube also yanked my puppy (playful) video! So here it is again.

Later I'll put it on my blog sidebar margin for perpetuity. Censorship can suck my big fat chew toy!
 
video

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can relate to the Bosnian girl who threw the puppies from the bridge, Bosnia has had such suffering and people have been dulled down to a primeval status...life is a hard thing?
Puppies should not be thrown from a bridge, but the metaphor and her state of mind brings the modern world into focus.

Bosnia does not neuter dogs, I am sure.

Thank goodness we have you, your blog and your honesty.

-J Lee