Sunday, January 03, 2010

2010 and Bust!

Hey all! I hope everyone had a merry new years! The first day of 2010 was a bit of a doozy for me. I had a dream on New Years night where I died!! That is SO not supposed to happen -ever-but I did die. Strangely, I got a second chance to live. It was like a video game where I could re-do the last moments before I died. Basically, I had to avoid buildings that were falling on top of me. Impossible!!

When I (finally) woke up, I restarted my computer and it died. So here I am at the APPLE store using a public computer. It will cost a small fortune to get my laptop fixed, but hey: at least it wasn't that dream which came true, or the world that ended, or (fate forbid!) my liver that failed!
It's only a computer.

I hope to be back in touch within 3-5 days. Still wishing you all a very happy New Year!

2 comments:

Elisa said...

In Italy, especially in Naple, people use dreams to foretelling future, and they say that, if you dream someone death, you are lengthening his life. Same if you dream your own death, it means that you will have a long life. Elisa

Tony said...

Hey Jesse -

Here's an interpretation of your dream from Dream Moods Dictionary:

"To dream of your own death, indicates a transitional phase in your life. You are becoming more enlightened [always thought you were] or spiritual [hmm]. Alternatively, you are trying desperately to escape the demands of your daily life. [I know the feeling.]

To dream that you die in your dream, symbolizes inner changes, transformation, self-discovery and positive development that is happening within you or in your life. Although such a dreams may bring about feelings of fear and anxiety, it is no cause for alarm and is often considered a positive symbol.  Dreams of experiencing your own death usually means that big changes are ahead for you. You are moving on to new beginnings and leaving the past behind. These changes does not necessarily imply a negative turn of events. Metaphorically, dying can be seen as an end or a termination to your old ways and habits. So, dying does not always mean a physical death, but an ending of something."

So, it's all good, I guess.