Monday, April 27, 2009

The poster has two faces!

The new True Blood (season 2) poster is up outside my apartment. I didn't get it at first, but I knew I wasn't getting the full picture. Looking at the small poster here, it's much easier to see what it is. The poster outside my house is about 6 foot tall, and I kept staring and staring and couldn't get it until I sort of crossed my eyes and focused on the black and then it all came screeching into view. At first I thought it was just a random blood slick.



I love this kind of stuff, it's visual proof that there is more than one way to look at things. And that the mind has the power to perceive, if we choose to use it.

It reminds me of the one below. Do you see a young woman, or an old woman? Can you see both? Keep looking!

7 comments:

Justin said...

ooooh definitely also thought it was a random blood slick. Thanks for the revelation.

Goodguy2k2 said...

Took me about 5 min to see the old lady in the 2nd one lol. Oh just in case I haven't said it Jesse, you have pretty nipples. :)

Jesse Archer said...

no you didn't, Good Guy--but thanks! I wish they worked!

Don said...

Good posters - look like some used in University Art Classes to get people to look deeper. Some can really boggle the mind.

OK, I'll bite, why do they not work? What is it you want them to do - tricks!!

Anonymous said...

I have seen this woman off and on
since childhood. As kid, all I saw was a bird (hawk?) with it's beak resting on something (her head). That image was so seared into my brain that upon first look, that is what I see. Movienut

Melech said...

OHH!! It took me time to figure it out. Sort of hot...that or I just really need to get laid. :-/

Gail said...

I also just saw a blood slick at first: very clever! Can't wait for the new season!