Friday, February 06, 2009

Ride this Roller Coaster

My editor at Gay List Daily often sends me things I should check out. The other day, a publicist sent him a CD of openly gay singer Matt Alber, and an accompanying video for his latest single, "End of the World". My editor wrote, "Check out this video. It almost melted my frozen heart."

Mine, too!

Wow. I think this is the first romantic gay video I've ever seen. For someone who grew up seeing romance as only a thing between heterosexuals---and mainly something occuring between just Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan---it's so amazing to finally identify.

Check this video out. I dare you not to watch it twice.


You can get Matt Alber's CD here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about three or four (or more) times?? The only other scene that touches me quite as much is from the BBC Torchwood series, the first season where two extremely beautiful RAF pilots, during the Second World War, meet at a British USO-type dance. The love scene dance that follows is as touching as End of the World. The star is John Barrowman. Movienut.

Anonymous said...

Really lovely. His voice reminds me of Rufus Wainwright.

VarĂ­n

GoodbyeCityLife said...

Oh, I love him. What a great find. Thank you for sharing!

Gail said...

Hey, that's great to hear that Matt is moving on up. I've known him since he was an aspiring country singer. This song could be a hit for sure. Yay, Matt!

Anonymous said...

That was great! Another lesson in romance! Thanks for posting that Jesse,,, You know I am a true romantic! Got news today that my cancer came back and I have had the great opportunity to dance with my life partner for 29 years thus far..How can I be ungreatful for that?

Hugs to ya-