Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Out of Control-Top Hose

The other night I met up with 4 different Dans at a the new Alphabet City dance den, the Hose.
I thought it was called Hose--as in Panty. Or maybe Control-Top. But it's actually just the garden variety.

I know this because the next morning I awoke, fully dressed, wrapped in a long length of garden hose. So you know it was a good night!

What I remember is: Crazy Dan, completely in the fog, on all fours screaming "I lost my wallet!" (he found it), and a vague memory of bending over volunteers on the dance floor to whip them with a length of hose I'd pulled from the ceiling.

In text messages the following day, the Dans offered up some clarification.

PlayDan: "You were exploring your inner-dominatrix."
Daniel: "You were a real crazy-maker!"
CoolDan: "You'd whipp people and then run over to tell me, I've finally found my calling."
Crazy Dan: "My ass hurts."

I've finally found my calling? Phew! PlayDan went on to tell me that I was also determined to catch his cold, and pass it around to everyone. "Was I making out with you and everyone else?" I ask. "Not kissing people," he texts. "More like imitating a lizard, catching flies with its tongue."

Now that must've been pretty sight.

4 comments:

Tony said...

Hey Jesse -

At least you still had your hose when you woke up.

(Sorry, I know that was bad - I may have embarassed myself, but couldn't resist.)

The Blackout Blog said...

This place sounds messy. What kind of music do they play?

Don said...

Now that sounds like my kind of fun - You Go Jesse!

Jesse Archer said...

Blackout Blog,
Hmm...I think it's safe to say I don't remember the music at all!