Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Wheeeeeere's the CHALUPA?

What's more ridiculous than a talking Chihuahua? How about a FOURTH MEAL? Taco Bell's latest campaign, which I read on the side of my super-sized cup in Florida---makes an almighty proclamation: "Don't forget the meal between Dinner and Breakfast!"



The fourth meal sent me on a four day binge of laughter. I don't know about you, but I have rarely awoken in a sweaty need for a Gordita supreme.

Presuming our fast food obesity epidemic has nothing to do with the fourth meal (it's a glandular problem!) --how irresponsible is it to know that if we make a run for just about any border in this world, people are struggling to pull together 3 meals a day?

This realization should not, of course, disturb a late night Taco Bell run. We made fun of the fourth meal all weekend until late Sunday night, poolside and a little drunk at Coconut Cove in Ft. Lauderdale when a friend asked, "Are you feeling a bit peckish?" and I had to answer in the affirmative. "I'm ready for my fourth meal!"

Only in America, kids, only in America.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm currently working on my 16th meal. Taco Bell needs to catch up!

Dr. Frank said...

I mean how insulting to prey upon a culture that can barely afford a can of Goya beans. You are so right. What next pink sugar free red bull for queens...oh, they already have that. Oops. xoxo Dr. Frank

Rosa Klebb said...

When I lived in England that was called Supper. Either a late dinner, or a lighter meal (like a sandwich or cheese & crackers) shortly before heading to bed.

Rosa Klebb said...

And my trainer in Manhattan tells me to eat some protein before I go to bed as it helps the muscle to metabolise. So I munch on some chicken or beef before I brush my teeth at night.