Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Life and Loss

That adorable ultrasound I posted a while back? Turns out it's the only photo I'll ever see of my little nephew. He didn't make it.

He was very active. He did flips and cartwheels which ended up twisting his umbilical cord and strangling off his food supply, in seven places. He never got the chance to see the world, or to do cartwheels upon it. Not everyone makes it, and while I'm reminded how lucky we are to be alive, I'm struck with a profound sense of loss. My heart goes out to my brother, his wife, and kids. I can't imagine their grief.

They put up a memorial for him in Beartooth, Montana

8 comments:

Michael said...

I'm sorry, Jesse.

Edina Monsoon said...

A new little Angel. So sorry.

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss.
Lori

melissa said...

We're sorry for your loss, Jesse.

XOXO
Melissa, Jon, & Star

Joe Moore said...

I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss.
Joe

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Jesse. If there is a god he is going to have to explain why this would happen.

Your friend Jimmy

Mark in DE said...

Things like this are hard to understand. Some say 'God needed another angel', while others say its 'the circle of life'. I don't know who's right, but today I share your grief and mourn with you and your family.

Mark :-)

Jesse Archer said...

Thanks for all your support, guys.

Good to see you, Edina.

xo Jesse