Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Why I refuse to digitize old photos

My friend Amy is one of favorite friends from high school. She's still in Portland, married with two children, and working hard as a public defender. I have no idea where she found the time to scan these photos.

In the accompanying email, she writes:

"I'll forgive the striped shirt if you'll forgive the eyebrows."
Back during my freshman year at USC, Amy came down to LA for a visit. I wasn't sure I was gay then. But seeing as I plastered my dorm wall with glamour shots of Vivien Leigh, Les Miserables Playbooks and pom poms, Amy may have guessed.

Although I might have fooled everyone with a tour of south central Los Angeles. Ever classy, I took her to Taco Bell.

Thanks for the laughs, Amelia!

4 comments:

Mark in DE said...

I love looking at old photos! Even other people's!!!

Mark :-)

Margot Leadbetter said...

I see Amy was going through her own Scarlett O'Hara phase back then too.

I'm overwhelmed by Teeth, Hair and Hawaiian Tropic Sun Tan Lotion. You look like a pair of contestants on "Strictly Come Dancing."

Anderson said...

...Wow! I never would have guessed that was you in a million years! :) Not a bad thing at all of course, just weird how much we all change. Don't ask me about my chili-bowl haircut back in the day...

-A

HughE Dillon said...

So adorable and '80s