Thursday, September 25, 2008

Vote Obama

What do you think about the current e(con)omy? They called Generation X the "Me" generation? I can hardly even stomach the guilt I have when I buy a bottled soda because I know after the 2 minutes it takes for me to use it, it will linger useless for thousands of years to come. I feel this way and I don't even plan to breed. So Pardon the rant, but:

Privatization of profit and socialization of loss?

Average taxpayers are going to foot the bill for the overweening, over-reaching greed of wall street, and let's not forget the refund we are not getting from a multi-trillion dollar war.

Oil prices keep soaring and instead of demanding alternatives, we've got stretch-hummers and a vice-presidential candidate chosen for a momentary wave of wow who says that we must drill more, til the very last drop, and don't worry we can still buy from overseas and continue to enrich Arabs with our stingy lack of foresight, and kill them in the glorious name of democracy.

And when the economy at home comes to crisis, an ex-POW presidential candidate who oddly wants more war will "suspend his campaign" to aid a fiscal meltdown but he does this only for a brief uptick in the Wednesday polls because he hasn't even read the bail-out plan and it's all so transparently clear to see this country, its elite "leaders", and its policies are here just to squeeze the day, and rape tomorrow.

I'm Jesse Archer, and I dis-approve this message.

6 comments:

melissa said...

Well-said, Jesse. Loved this post.

Jon & I were just talking about how it's a very scary time...brink of another depression...suspending campaigns...what's next, suspending the election? Are we headed the way of martial law and dictator Bush?

XOXO
Melissa & Jon

Anonymous said...

Jesse,

Although I am still undecided about whom I will vote for in November, I join you in your disapproval of the status quo. I also feel both candidates chose very poor running mates. I would have perferred to see Senator Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) and former U.S. Senator Sam Nunn (D-Georgia) on the national tickets. They would have provided ideological balance to their party's nominee.

Your friend, Jimmy

P.S. Congratulations on your home-state Oregon Beavers upset win over the USC Trojans. Oh wait, you went to USC, never mind!

Margot Leadbetter said...

Wow that was an upset. Usually Trojans fuck Beavers hard.

Anonymous, you cannot still be undecided. While I am completely crushed that Hill is not the Dem Nominee, I could not in any conscience vote for a ticket that puts Sarah Palin anywhere near The White House. Did you see her on Katie Couric last night? Her Down Syndrome child would give a more competent interview.

Jesse Archer said...

Margot, and to think I was a Beaver before I was a Trojan? Cart before horse?

I mean, honestly!

stephen said...

You Rock Jesse! Did you know that the ex-POW was responsible for cutting veterans benifits....

Hugs to ya,
Stephen

Margot Leadbetter said...

Absolutley.

Cart before the Trojan Horse. I guess the Beaver had to be up on the Cart in order to get into the Best Position.

Brace yourself Beaver!