Friday, August 15, 2008

Life at the Belvedere Castle

If ever in Fire Island, you must stay at the Belvedere Guest House. It's a clothing optional "for men only" with rooms and ramps and domes and spiral staircases and so many levels and passageways that seriously, I'll never get the lay of the land. The place drips with personality.

Feel like Romanian Royalty in the Belvedere Main Room.
We did a Playgirl foto shoot at the Belvedere and the next day, one of the older gentlemen staying there spotted me in the grotto. "So are there anymore Playgirl shoots today?"
"No," I told him. "We're all finished."

"That was so shocking yesterday," he goes on. "Seeing nude models with cameras and video!" Shocking? He was...shocked? I have to ask. "Weren't you roaming around here lastnight in leather, carrying a big whip?"

"Yes," he answers without the slightest hint of irony.

Long pause.

"So did you find anyone to whip?"
"I was the one wanting to be whipped," he says.
"Well then maybe you were sending the wrong message by carrying a whip."
"I was carrying it in my right hand."

Long pause.

"If I hold a whip in my right hand it means I'm submissive and want to be whipped."

Another pause.

"Sir," I turn to him. "I am so ignorant."

Later, when I go to check out of the Belvedere, one of our Playgirl models is behind the desk. "What are you doing here?" I ask. "They needed a new person at the front desk," he answers, gleefully. "So they hired me!"

And that, my friends, is life at the Belvedere.

2 comments:

Mark in DE said...

Wow, I had no idea the politics of holding your whip! Just when I thought that colored bandana thing was finally over.

Mark :-)

Anonymous said...

always wanted to see the Belevedere!

Stephen m