Monday, May 12, 2008

Baby Daddy Bam!

It's 3:30 am when the phone rings. Naturally, I'm awake. It's part jetlag, part insomnia--it's so quiet in Switzerland who can sleep? But there's another part. Subconsciously, I must've known what was brewing down under in Australia.

At 3:30, I'm furiously reading The God Delusion in bed when Bam's phone rings. God? Delusion? Oh my God! It's Sydney calling.

Many of you know, Bam Bam became the unwilling topic of my last Out column after donating his boy batter to make a gayby. Well, a healthy baby girl has today been born.

Take it away, Ava Grace! *May you sparkle*

I heard her screaming on the other end of the line "waaaa, waaaa, waaaa!" so she may be colicky, but she's here! Ava Grace has breathed her very first taste of air after 9 months of nothing but liquids.

In her honor, we got up and downed a bottle of red.



On a medieval wall today in Lucerne, Bam Bam yodels past the Swiss Alps, across the seas, and around the planet to welcome his daughter Ava to the world.

4 comments:

Jeffrey said...

Jesse, congrats. I think that makes you a step-daddy sort of. You don't lookk like a Daddy to me, but you have the creds now.

BTW, just saw a documentary I recorded soemtime last month about the ties of Christian belief to Egyptian religions that pre-dated the Common Era by 200 years.

Tony said...

Congrats to Baby Daddy Bam!

Chad said...

YAY!!!! I can't wait to see pictures. Congrats to you both!

XOX

Chad

Anonymous said...

Jesse and Bam,,,, congrats..Wonder what she will say when she see's (step-dad?) Jesse do those wonderful cartwheels!

Stephen and Paul