Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Over the Brink

I never figured I had much in common with my cousin Chris, back in Oregon. But after what happened, it seems we had more in common than I figured. We never really hung out. It's his sister Alyssa that I'm close to. She's the one sent me the 6am text message last week.

Chris loved the Oregon wilderness. He was out hiking in the Columbia River Gorge with some friends. Only they know the details, but he was at the cliff of a mountain playing, goofing off, probably just tempting fate. It's something I would do. Except Chris got too close to the brink and fell off. He died instantly. He was 24 years old.



Rest in Peace.

12 comments:

Eddie said...

I'm so sorry, Jesse! Peace.

You said...

Oh my God, that's horrible and tragic. I'm so sorry for your loss. I guess the silver lining in it is that he died doing something he loved in one of the most beautiful and breathtaking places on earth.

Mark in DE said...

Oh my, what a tragedy! I'm sorry for your loss.

Mark :-)

Sancho said...

My goodness... I'm so sorry Jesse!

My condolences to you and your family.

Liska27 said...

Wow...such a shock, which makes it so much sadder. We're so sorry. If we prayed, you would be in our prayers. We'll be thinking about you.

XOXO
Melissa & Jon

carm said...

that's so sad. sorry to hear it...

GoodbyeCityLife said...

We're so sorry, Jesse.
We just lost a family member last week and it's so strange, isn't it? To not know from day to day if we'll still be here tomorrow. All of us on the brink. But some of us know it.
Peace.

Jesse Archer said...

Thanks for your comments guys. Yes, so important to know we're on the brink every day.

Make it count!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. It shows how fragile life can be and why we should live life more fully like you.

Your Friend Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. It shows how fragile life can be and why we should live life more fully like you.

Your Friend Jimmy

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry to hear of your loss...

Stephen and Paul ( arizona)

karen said...

My Dear Favorite Cousin
This was such a shock. It's a good thing we do live our lives to the fullest.
lots of love,
cousin karen
&
chris's favorite aunt