Monday, February 25, 2008

What's my name? What's yours?

I lost so much more than one entire day in the always epic, never underestimated cross-continental, cross-pacific, cross-cocktailing trip to Australia.

I wobbled off the plane with more chemicals in my system than Heath Ledger--and just in time to present the Sydney's Mardi Gras Film Festival's screening of A Four Letter Word, which played to a sold out house. I introduce the film with something like, "I'd like to thank the good people of Australia for supporting a film that the Academy of Motion Pictures and Arts so blatantly snubbed this year."

Afterward, the Darlinghurst Bookshop sponsored a booksigning of You Can Run. I was jetlagged and vulnerable. They'd buy a copy and tell me "My name is Tom," so I floridly signed the book away. "For Scott..."

"Who's Scott?" asks Tom.
"You're not Scott?"
"I'm Tom."
"Are you sure?"

1 comment:

JP FREEMAN said...

faux paus, fo' sho!