Friday, January 11, 2008

It's 2008..upstate!

I spent New Years upstate with Bam and Cooldan and a huge clan of city boys at my generous friends' farmhouse up in the Catskill Mountains. It was so much fun we almost forgot the countdown to midnight.
On the dance floor above: party like it's 2008! How many gaylebrities can you count?

One group of new york city boys arrived just in time--clearly after raiding a very eclectic, very extensive drag box. "You look like a cross between Sally Bowles and a Viking," I told the one above. "Close," he said. "They call me...Lady Thor."

Ready the oxygen tanks. At the stroke of midnight, Justin Bond kissed his boyfriend for a good (this is a cautious estimate) ten minutes straight. Tastes great in '08!

Towards 4am, there weren't many stragglers still awake, and for some reason I figure going to bed is sort of accepting death. I wouldn't die, and yet everyone wanted me to. Take this good sport, for instance. I insisted on tossing a white sheet over his head and declaring him the reincarnation of dead Pakistani politician Benazir Bhutto.

"Wave to your fans, Benazir!" He complies, in character.
"Benazir, now that you've been assassinated, what are your plans?" Benazir doesn't miss a beat. "I'm going to Disneyland!"

Below, Bam Bam takes a photo of a beautiful brand new day. A brand new year!

Yes, this is the same location where Bam Bam discovered his elixir this past summer. Frozen over, it tastes even better!

No comments: