Thursday, December 20, 2007

How pathetic am I?

I get National Geographic and read it on the train, at home, waiting in line. I love it, but it seems I'm never done reading one issue before the next arrives.

This month there's a story on new bizarre dinosaurs, a love story to the magnificent Albatross, and tales of modern day cowboys. I finally finish these stories and think maybe I can throw it away, but then there's a story about...permafrost.

I'm not even into permafrost, but I feel guilty if I don't read it. So there I am, learning about permafrost. Will it stay permanently? I have to know.

It's like living in NYC..no matter how much you do, you're still missing out on something. You can't keep up. I'm overwhelmed. So I decided not to renew my subscription. For the lamest reason ever:

National Geographic is too informative.

3 comments:

Michael said...

No one does pathetic as entertainingly. How's that?

Anonymous said...

Someone said that you finally become an adult when you realize you won't be able to see all the world, won't be able to know everything, to do everthing... Time is as important as money. I think you're spending it very well don't worry. Not such a lamest reason.

Fab

Bob said...

National Geographic (and the underwear section of the Sears catalog) were such an important part of my youth, but once I came out no longer necessary.

You LIVE international geography so the magazine isn't necessary anymore.