Sunday, April 15, 2007

Diversity of Friends

I have fat friends, skinny friends, ugly friends, pretty friends. Conservative friends, and rebel friends. So it goes to figure that just as my best friend Dan came out with his first collection (two posts ago) using all sorts and varieties and colors of fur, another friend (and another Dan) comes out this week with his rabblerousing memoir "Committed" detailing his work as VP of PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).

Dan Mathews uses high profile celebrities in activism that raises awareness about cruelty to animals (Infiltrating a Milan Fashion show dressed as a Priest is one highlight on his prolific arrest record). If vegetables tasted as good as hamburgers, he'd make me want to be vegan.

It makes for a well-rounded education to be exposed to different points of view. I'm only lacking in straight male friends. And that's too bad; I'd love to learn how to shoot pool.

No comments: